Father’s Day in Canada is just around the corner, so mark June 20th on the calendar and book in some quality Dad Time. Dads do a lot for their family, whether it’s supporting them financially, spiritually or emotionally, so give something back with these top 10 best gifts for a dad with a sense of humour!
- Wine. Perfect for the wine connoisseur! You don’t have to get too pricey for a great bottle. If you don’t know your wines, go with a funky label like Cat’s Pee on a Gooseberry Bush or Mad Housewife. These are good gifts for dads with a sense of humour.
- Sports Gear. Whether Dad loves golf, fishing or lawn bowling, he’ll really appreciate new gear. Check out some of the Sale sections of major stores for great deals. Or look around for online deals like our exclusive Eastbay coupons for 20% off your order.
- A Night Out. All dads need a little time out of the house. Give him a gift certificate for his favourite restaurant or movie tickets to see that action flick. Give enough for two, so Mom can go along with him.
- Man Spa Treats. No matter how tough and gruff they appear, all men like to be pampered a little. Put together nail clippers, aftershave and musk-scented lotions in a manly package like a leather case or inexpensive tool belt.
- Sports Tickets. Dad is sure to love tickets to see his favorite team! Save with our RazorGator coupons for $10 off $100 or more. But if tickets are a bit out of your price range, there are a variety of local sports teams that are amazing. Going just one tier down can still give you the action, without the high price. It’s the best way to see the stars on their way up.
- Watch. A watch is the perfect gadget for a dad who’s everywhere, all at once. If your dad is a true tech-geek, check out cool styles like binary watches that look out of this world.
- Music. If your budget is a little low this year, look to ye olde mixed tapes. One year my siblings and I got a hold of Dad’s iPod and secretly added a ton of his favourite tunes. He was thankful he wouldn’t have to do it himself and impressed we managed to keep it a secret!
- BBQ Tools. A great summer gift for the dad who loves to grill! Find full packs of tools in handsome cases, covers or even a spit for roasting. Hopefully, Dad will grill up a few of his famous burgers to test them out!
- Magazine Subscription. Whether your dad loves boating, racing or science, there’s a magazine out there for him. Subscriptions are not only an easy gift, but there are plenty of titles for under $10.
- Your Time. Help him work on the car, take him for lunch or go fishing. Spending time together is the best gift for dad. And it’s free.
It doesn’t take a fortune to show Dad how much he means to you. Simple gestures go a long way. So use one or two of these simple ideas and make this Father’s Day one that he’ll remember for years to come.